March 19, 2009

Crafty Corner - How to make a nursing cover

In the final days of waiting for my now two week old bub to arrive I was in a sewing frenzy just trying to keep myself busy and figured I should make things I would be able to use after Harrison arrived that would make life as a mum a bit easier.
Which is when I had my light bulb moment!!
When I had my daughter I breast fed her for 10 months and every time I fed her while we were out and about I would struggle with a baby blanket or wrap tucked into my bra strap to try and keep a bit of modesty - sometimes failing miserably when Milla would wriggle or squirm. So this time around I have found the perfect thing - a nursing cover!! And one so easy that if you can sew a straight line then you can make it your self!

All you need is:
*1 yard fabric of your choice - I couldn't go past Michael Millers Lolli Dot fabric!!
*1" D rings
*12" boning
*Scissors
*Pins
*Wooden dowel (I used the faithful chopstick)
*8"x8" piece of soft fabric like flannel (optional)

Thanks to the great tutorial Little Birdie Secrets: how to make a nursing cover I found on one of my new favorite blogs Little Birdie Secrets I had this cover made in only about 30 minutes!!


I just love the idea of adding the boning to the top of the cover so you (and only you) can see what your little bambino is up to!


I can see these nursing covers being made in all kinds of gorgeous fabric for family and friends who are expecting new arrivals!!

Photobucket

For HEAPS of other great ideas for things to make be sure to check out Little Birdie Secrets just by clicking the button above!!

3 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I am all for anything that promotes breastfeeding - good idea!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I am all for anything that encourages breastfeeding. well done!!!

Rachat de credit said...

Thanks a ton it is a very good guide, now to make a nursing cover is without a doubt very easy with the help of your information. Kudos