October 17, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist - Kelly of Klymyshyn Design



What a fun interveiw this one turned out to be - Kelly you are a hoot as well as a talented crafter!!

Tell us all about yourself and your craft?
I make things because I have an unquenchable desire for perfection. Each design embodies my personal quest to make items which are beautiful, functional, easy to care for and if worn - enhance the human form. I like to play "dress up" with my real live dolls. (children)

How long have you been creating your craft?
I began to sew when I realized the stipend my mother would give me for wardrobe went further at the fabric store. Also, I have an impossible inseam and could never find pants to FIT me.
I began knitting with my BFF (still-who makes the Swarovski jewelry in my shop) on pencils in the 5th grade! We made scarves.


What is one of the biggest lesson you have learnt about your craft & selling it? Love what you make and make what you love...'cause you may hafta make alot of them!

Which of your items did you have the most fun creating & why?
My beloved Aunt Evelyn (who passed away recently) helped me with my very first crochet project. Ironically, I was only 14 and it was a baby sweater! For my next door neighbor's first child.


Is there a basic ‘household’ item you use when creating that seems to work just as good if not better than the actual ‘tool’?
I use weird stuff as stitch markers: bobby pins, yarn remnants, safety pins, pony tail elastics - whatever is closest so I don't hafta get up!

What is your favourite candy bar & why?
My favorite candybar is SNICKERS! It hits the spot every time.


If money, responsibilities, and time were no issue where in the great wide world would you go & why?
I think about Ireland and England but I'm not an adventurous person. Knitting is a great adventure as each project has a starting point, journeys through wraps and turns - gives my head great peace along the way.

Check out the pages and pages of Kelly's gorgeous items for baby, teens, moms - everyone at www.klymyshyndesign.etsy.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I LOVE how my shop looks on your blog: entirely a HAPPY place to be! Thank you so much.

Kelly Drill said...

I love Kelly's shop! And she's just an all-around great gal too. Awesome feature!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Fabulous feature!!

oh yeah...don't forget to enter my giveaway on my blog. =D

Allie said...

Great interview with a very talented, funny and kind artist!