October 6, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist - J.Bee Designs


This weeks featured artist has an amazing talent for hand painting glassware! You can check out all her stunning items including wine glasses, cookie jars, martini glasses, plates, vases and much more on her website at www.jbeedesigns.com

Tell us all about yourself and your art?
I graduated from interior design school from Harcum college, bryn mawr, pa. I paint on glass and canvas, but glass is my favorite thing to paint on. I love designing interiors and I love designing tablescapes and creating beautiful tables .

How long have you been creating your art?
I have been painting now for 12 years on glass and canvas.


What is one of the biggest lesson you have learnt about your art & selling it?
I have learned to not let people take advantage of me and my art, some people don't appreciate what it takes to create hand painted items, and they don't understand the pricing that goes along with this sort of craft.

Which of your items did you have the most fun creating & why?
I had a lot of fun creating my holiday designs, but I actually have fun with every design I paint because they are all my creations and ideas come to life on glass. I also enjoying using fun & happy colors and especially when painting polka dots, whatever type of glassware it is it always turns out cheerful with polka dots on it!


Is there a basic ‘household’ item you use when creating that seems to work just as good if not better than the actual ‘tool'?
I use a lot of different items, like tape, toothpicks, I sometimes use a sharp knife to clean up a crooked line of paint.

What is your favourite candy bar & why?
My favorite candy bar is a snickers bar, I love chocolate and caramel!



If money, responsibilities, and time were no issues where in the great wide world would you go & why?
I would go all over Europe and visit all of the great art museums and architecture, I would love to see the louvre and Versailles. I am a huge history of architecture buff and I would enjoy seeing all of those famous places, I would also love to visit the Wedgwood museum in England!!

Don't forget to take a look at the selection of Holiday glassware HERE from J.Bee Designs to make your Christmas table setting unique to any one else!!

No comments: