October 26, 2011

Butterfly Party - Invitation: Part 2!

Step 1 of the invitations for Milla's Butterfly Party posted HERE was lots of fun and super easy so now to tell you about step 2 of the process... getting that photo and the party info to come together!!

I like the idea of having a little fun with the words on an invitation, it's a great way to get the guests in the mood for the day. So while blow drying my hair one morning (that's when I seem to come up with all my ideas) I played around with some butterfly words and the party details and came up with the following for the invitation....

My oh my,
we'd love you to flutter on by.
To celebrate with the little caterpillar,
who is now 4 year old butterfly Milla!

Join us for afternoon tea on
Saturday 3rd Dec at the butterfly nest
address
From 1:30 - 3:30 for fluttering butterfly fun!


I know, I know, total win with Milla rhyming with Caterpillar!!

So then off to Etsy I went on the hunt for someone, much better with graphic design than me, to turn all these bits into a pretty invite. I fell in love with THESE Butterfly Number invitations from Luna Petunia Designs and grabbed them right away. Denise, who is the clever one behind Luna Petunia Designs, was absolutely wonderful with the designing - I just emailed her the photo and the wording, told her our colour theme and away she went - I'm thrilled with the result and Milla thinks they are rather fabulous too - what do you think??


Giggles

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a cute little poem! very cute and I love the pic of her as a butterfly

Anonymous said...

LOVE !

I think I should have got someone on etsy to do my party invites !!!

Can't wait to follow the party plans...

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Looks gorgeous! I get all of my best ideas while in the shower. I'd love to find some kind of water proof pen and paper so that I could write them all down!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

adorable!!