March 31, 2011

Hanging the kids art in style!

Who doesn't love a good colouring/drawing/gluing/painting session? I know my kids do!
My poor fridge was starting to be taken over by gorgeous artworks the kids wanted to display for all to see so I needed a better solution for showing of these master pieces, but what??

The light bulb moment hit me when I saw this image on Childhood 101


But instead of painting the frames onto the wall or using decals I thought I'd cheat and just spray paint some old frames. All the frames are from either eBay or the Salvation Army store and cost me no more that $15 all together. I tried to find ones with interesting detail on them for some fun. With a coat or two of glossy red spray paint I was ready to turn the boring wall above or dinning table (the place the master pieces are created) into a artwork gallery wall - Easy!




Now to pull out those crayons and glue and get creating!!
Giggles

1 comment:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

Amy, This is wonderful! I love the color. I bet your children feel even more special now:)