November 11, 2010

Rainbow of Ribbons - birthday cake!

99% of you who know I am planning a Rainbow of Ribbons party would be forgiven for assuming that of course the cake will be one of those AMAZING rainbow layer cakes that are popping up everywhere.


Truly I think these are just stunning not to mention super clever!! (the above pic is from HERE with the how to for the cake too) One day I do want to make one just to say I had but for Milla's upcoming party I can't help but want to 'be different' from most other rainbow parties so I have gone another route with the cake.
Now, I don't want to promise anything as spectacular as the famous rainbow layer cakes but I will have fun making what I have planned and am going to keep it a surprise.... only 3 wks to wait, you'll be right ;)

In the mean time I thought I'd share with you some fabulous rainbow cakes I found while searching for Milla's cake inspiration - Enjoy.


1. The idea room
2. Wedding Cake Pictures
3. Snag Wire Media
4. Crumbs and Doilies Cupcake Blog
5. Cupcakes take the cake
6. Rainbow Cake
7. Rainbow Cake
8. Rainbow Cake






Oh and check out these fabulous candles I found for Milla to blow out - PERFECTO!! I bought them from HERE



Giggles

2 comments:

Tiges and Weince said...

My best friend just made one for her daughters 2nd birthday & the ooohs and ahhhs we great. I was so happy for here as she worked so hard on it. As it was such a tall cake she made rainbow cupcakes for the kiddies. They are all so cool.

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

What gorgeous rainbow cake ideas! When I had a rainbow party, I took the super easy option and just made lots of cupcakes and put them in a rainbow shape, coloring each row of cakes with icing and smarties of a different color of the rainbow. Photo on blog if it doesn't make sense. Looking forward to seeing the rainbow party when it arrives!